Thursday, August 25, 2011

Whining

I generally only whine to myself (or my mirror).  Yesterday I missed a luncheon I was really looking forward to because of my darn IBS (tmi).  My bowels weren't the only one who was irritated.  It was a nice day for a drive and I was excited about making the mini road trip with my "old" friend Sharon.  Then the winds changed and the barometric pressure went piss-wacky and a nice headache set in. I relaxed on my porch in my comfy wicker, rocker and chilled with my Kindle.  I'm reading Danielle Steel's latest repetition.. (when her writing career ends, she could go to work in a glue factory.  She consistently beats a dead horse in her last few novels!) Anyway, my glasses have become scratched and foggy and I can't seem to keep the lenses worthy of these tired eyes.  My to-do list includes a trip to the optician...soon.  Today I awoke with another headache, in a different location, which makes my diagnosis even more relevant to the weather.  Stress...? and that's a factor too.  Lee has developed a sty that needs immediate attention as tomorrow is departure day (Thank God).  Stress..? appears to be turning both of us into insufferable whiners. Misery loves company is a true statement, at least at EIEIO. I hope, Irene (our latest hurricane) won't impede Lee's departure and their adventure... If you think I'm whining today, think what you'll hear tomorrow if his flight is delayed or cancelled.  If U S Airways can just get him to Charlotte, he's Jeff's for nearly 2 weeks!  Then maybe, just maybe, I'll drop the "H" and turn my whine to wine! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment