Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nice morning

It's a pretty, nice morning.  The thermometer dipped below 50 in the wee hours and that, mixed with the lack of humidity, has given everyone at EIEIO a burst of energy.  The birds are really flighty this morning too.. Many hummingbirds are dashing in and out of my big,white petunias while others are perusing all the feeders on the patio....none of which contain anything colorful or hummer friendly?????  The goldfinches are chowing down on lots of thistle and the woodpeckers are doing fly-bys in an effort to remind me that their lunchboxes are in need of suet. I've heard my pileated woodpecker's song up in the woods.....I'm hoping he'll come see me again soon....(I know, we need suet)  The chipmunks and squirrels are playing tag in the back yard and hoping that Lee will give them some more peanuts....Unfortunately, the centipedes are still here....The gal at the pest company said they were migrating.... Well just how the heck long does it take to get where they're going?  After all, they have 100 legs!!!!!! They are pretty irritating and beginning to crunch under our feet.  I sweep the garage and blow off the patios nearly every day so the perimeters of those areas are pretty crunchy.  I think these things only live a short time so that means the number of them is in the thousands.....for real. It does seem that a cooler morning gives me less to blow away.....I might just welcome a frost and the Almanac says that's "normally" still 8 weeks away.  I'm sure I'm the only one to be looking forward to a frost with the exception of allergy sufferers.
That energy I mentioned will wane if I don't remove myself from my perch and head out to hang the laundry, fill the feeders and fetch Jess some Draino. Bailee's new play yard is to be delivered today and then we're gonna need all the energy we can muster......I'm thinking maybe we should contract that construction project "out!" Three more days and Lee and Jeff's excellent adventure will be underway.  I hoping Irene doesn't get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment