Monday, August 22, 2011

Stuff.....

*  First of all..... Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people, Stella!  She faithfully reads my daily drivel. I know she has other things to do but takes the time to offer her yeas and nays, both of which are equally always welcome! Many more healthy and happy years are what I wish for you!♥♥♥

*   If I successfully get Lee off to Alaska, it will be a miracle.  He is scheduled to leave early Friday afternoon to meet Jeff in Charlotte and begin their adventure.  Lee is NOT a planner.....Sandy IS!  With no firm itinerary upon arriving in Anchorage, they are just going to play it by ear....(and we all know about Lee's hearing!)  Packing is a bit problematic as they are going to be carrying everything with them most days. My plan is 5 changes of clothes and then stop and have a wash day.  We'll see how far my plan makes it.  I have purchased weekly pill boxes and even dated them in permanent marker.  I have sent instructions to Jeff with the times (4 hrs. time difference), colors and even the shapes of each pill.....( I know... maybe a bit anal)  I have sent an outline of his heart ailment and even a copy of his heart cath.  (I know..).  I made copies of his insurance card and sent that too.  As if that all weren't enough, this last week has tried my patience and Lee's body! Within the last 8 days, he has suffered a 24 hr. nasty case of food poisoning, been stung by a swarm of yellow jackets and suffered unbearable pain with a "bout of gout!!"  The gout has now added more meds. to his overflowing pill box.  Gout is most often brought on by excessive intake of protein (red meat) and alcohol. Since March, the red meat has markedly decreased...the alcohol, however; has not. But, the pain facilitated even that being put on hold.....So, this week-end I dealt with an emaciated, itching, bitching, pain inflicted man in withdrawals....jk...it really wasn't all that bad but if they'd had try outs for Snow White, the roll of Grumpy would have been filled!!  Here we are at Monday, my favorite day.  He was able to put a shoe on and is no longer doing his "Chester (from Gunsmoke)" impression.  I think we're back on track for departure.
It will be interesting to hear Jeff's review of his 2 week, bonding adventure with his Dad.  I didn't dare tell either of them that the new socks I bought Lee came with and R and an L on the toes. Instructions for another day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment