Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Running Late

Already noon and I have accomplished almost nothing.  It's a rainy, Tuesday morning....cool and peaceful...I have been sitting at my desk since 9:30 dealing with centipedes, aging family members, banking, bakers and accounts receivable....I think I'm looking forward to the days when the shop is a thing of the past.  Lee's been thinking about all the things he might do when he retires from the "my car's making a noise!" business.  He'd love to be a bartender but no one would get the drink they ordered. Hearing is a priority.  The other day he thought he might like to be a Barber...I think not, I've seen his mustache when he trims it... He has to walk with his head tilted for a week so it looks even. This morning I told him that the TSA was hiring at Hancock Airport... wouldn't THAT be a hoot...patting down the young and old and checking driver's licenses.  He thought maybe a "door whore"  (what he calls the greeters) at Wal-Mart or maintenance at Borg-Warner.. "They like old people", he said.  I'm not sure what profession (job) would allow him to leave early, have a scotch at 4...ish, take 6 weeks off in the winter and even hire a 61 year old with a bum heart...We'll keep looking but I won't let him quit his day job yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment