Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lessons from Pops

Last week-end, while camping, we were all sitting at the picnic table chatting about politics, finances and the stock market.  My SIL had recently been to a conference where she was treated to some great "talks" from Terry Bradshaw (one of my very favorite people), Colin Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Steve Forbes, Erin Brokovitch and Bill Cosby (her least favorite.) Someone asked who would you most like to sit next to and have a conversation. My answer was, without thought, Tim Russert.  He was smart, "local", down to earth, a loyal Buffalo Bills fan, an amazing Dad and one of the few commentators who made politics understandable and fun! The day he dies, way too soon, I cried..... big old crocodile tears and chest heaving sobs.  Few people's demise, untimely or otherwise, have ever affected me in that way.  Today, his son, Luke is a political correspondent for NBC news at the Capitol.  His Dad would have been/is so proud!  My SIL Lisa, said he had written a great Father's Day ode in the Parade Magazine.  I found it and will share ... Not much tops, lessons from Pops!!!

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/2011/06/luke-russert-lessons-from-my-father.html

No comments:

Post a Comment