Monday, March 12, 2012

"Rush" to Judgement

I like Bill Maher I probably just lost half of my readers……….Yes, he’s a self professed “potty mouth” and he makes no excuses for his verbiage. He’s like a train wreck.. you just can’t help but watch! My favorite part of his show is when the camera catches his guests trying not to laugh. He’s one funny guy!! He’s an entertainer people, he’s not a teacher or a politician….OK, and maybe I have learned a few things from him ;-( His job is to make you laugh and if you have even the tiniest funny bone, you will! Friday night he offered to explain his views on Rush Limbaugh and his latest, vociferous faux pas….. No easy task for anyone! He explained that he, in NO WAY, agreed (agrees) with Rush’s less than delicate description of Sandra Fluke and his personification that any woman who uses contraception is slutty… (Hey I know many that don’t and are!!!) But, he agrees wholeheartedly that he, as an American, has the right to open his big, fat mouth and say it! (Another of my favorite quotes: "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.") I mean geeze, isn’t that why we’ve lost thousands of soldiers through hundreds of battles…. so Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher and Sandy Hatfield can say all the stupid (sorry Bailee, I know that’s a bad word) things we choose, using our outdoor voices, and not be beheaded for it? Damn right. Discretion is up to us….sometimes we choose to use it, sometimes we don’t! The good part is none of us is running for office (maybe we should be running for cover). The dumb things we hear from the likes of Mitt and Rick should scare us way more than the dumb things we here from Rush and Bill. The latter two could control our purse strings while the first should just tickle our funny bones (at least mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment