Monday, March 5, 2012

And then there were 2

Needless to say...my Sunday was amazing.  I saw the eagle was back so I grabbed my camera and headed across the road.....hoping, if the traffic didn't interrupt his breakfast, I wouldn't either.  I got a couple of good shots and he took flight north. I hoped I had gotten a few, good "in flight" photos so I put the camera down.  Suddenly I spotted him again but to the south..... Jackpot!!!!!!! it was eagle number two!  I'd just hit the bird lotto! I watched both of them soar across the fields as the wind howled and the snow began to fall.... It was mesmerizing!  I came back inside to upload the pictures,  alert my Face Book pals and get warm..  About an hour later, I looked out again and there were 2, beautiful, white heads brunching on my poor, disemboweled shaggy deer.  Survival of the fittest at it's finest!  Chances are we'll be a pretty good feeding station for all birds (and animals) of prey as our deer crossing sadly produces too many that "couldn't make the trip!"  I headed back outside and was able to capture a few more photos.  Finally they flew off again but one returned to sit quietly in the field and from my vantage point, he was just under our American flag.  Pretty symbolic.
So yesterday wrapped up being a day full of sightings at EIEIO... The eagles in the front yard, the backyard entertained over 25 turkeys and 5 deer along with daily visits from my other assorted furry and feathered friends.  There's no doubt now, I'm a country girl for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment