Friday, March 23, 2012

Blood is thicker

Blood may be scientifically thicker than water*... It stops there.  Just wanted to get that out of the way this morning.
In hospital world...as good as yesterday was, today is as bad.  Jess made the visit to see Grandma this morning.... She was greeted by an empty bed as Mom had been moved to isolation due to a staph infection:-(  Grandma was anything but a happy camper today (and last night per report.)  Yelling for help, screaming that they were breaking her arms and informing them that they'd be sorry when Dad got there....Yikes:-(  No one seems to be sure why the changes from day to day... They could be a result of the infection, the medication, the change of room or merely the progression of the Alzheimer's. One day at a time I guess.  Thank heavens for Jess... She is so patient and I'm so worthless.  I guess everyone has things they do well and this is at the bottom of my list.  I can plan, arrange and organize and I guess that's my mission for now.  I'm afraid that Walden Place may not be the place for too much longer... They are not a nursing home and cannot give any medical care... also, the residents need to be mobile and calm.... None of which Mom is right now... So, my research has begun for possible changes of residence.  Not liking many ratings from places and many conflicting reviews.  I have begun my lists of pros and cons (Dad) and will take each day as it comes.  Once again... I'd rather be ready and not go than to go and not be ready!!!!
By the way... * Give me a glass of water ...any day ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment