Monday, March 26, 2012

Hit and Miss

I think it's going to be a spotty blog week.  It seems my plate is more than full for the next few days (weeks.)  Mom is still in the hospital in isolation......MRSA.... I tend to use 4 letter words occasionally but this is one acronym I'd be happy to never utter again.  I enjoy music, I love dancing with the stars but I hate (the) Limbo.... That's where I am right now.  When will she leave the hospital? Will she be too out of sorts to return to Walden Place? Is the next step..a nursing home?  I did much research over the past few days... After perusing too many numbers about too many places regarding too many issues, I decided that going straight to the horses' mouths was the only true evaluation of a facility.  I got the personal info I needed. I have decided on Groton Nursing Home.  I toured this morning and was pleasantly surprised.  I was so hoping not to walk into a hospital....atmosphere.... I didn't.  It was cheery, friendly, bright, upbeat and clean.  Residents were smiling, occupied, dressed and attended... Staff was welcoming and rooms were spacious and homey.  I left there breathing a sigh of relief with answers to my questions.  My only thumbs down was being met at the door by a cat... I strongly dislike cats!!! AND.. they don't have a bed available :-(  I'm hoping by the time discharge is upon us, whenever the hell that is, they'll be ready for us. 
Not exactly the best start to my birthday week but I'm hoping things will look up as the week goes on.  Jess is such a huge help and Bailee brings me joy at the end of each day... For that, I'm eternally grateful!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment