Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A place for everything.....

A place for everything and everything in it's place.  This morning I needed to find a file.  I was sure I knew I could put my hands on it.  Well, I put my hands on about 50 file folders...none of which was the one that I knew "exactly where it was!"  You know how it is when you start to sort photos?  You stop and look at each one and reminisce, you begin to make piles, you try to decide if you're going to sort by name, or by event or by year.  The next thing you know you have lots of piles and it's 3 hours later...That's why I'm blogging in the p.m. and have lost the entire a.m.  AND.....what the hell am I doing inside to begin with?  It's nearly 60, the sun's out and I should be on the porch....They say tomorrow's to be mild as well but wet...I can do wet.... inside...tomorrow.  I do have a really good start though.   I have piles of files!!!!
I've decided to color code the folders and give each person and each property their own color.  This might not be such a daunting task if Lee and I were the only people I needed to keep track of and I didn't feel compelled to keep most everything for....ever. No one will care about a lot of what I have .......so the plan for the rest of the day is...Head to the porch, settle in my rocker and formulate a plan for sorting and organizing......The most important part is labeling... that's at the top of my list....for tomorrow.  After going through nearly 63 boxes from Hewitt Brothers and Mom and Dad's house, I should already know that keeping everything isn't in anybody's best interest... especially if you're the only one left who cares...Sad but true:-(

FYI..... one year ago today was Lee's heart attack ....one day at a time:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment