Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May-gone

Wow, another month is nearly in the books.  That was fast.  Maybe the rain washed it away quicker than normal.  We had a great finish though. Jeff was here for a visit and it was a good week.  Had some family time, he and Lee golfed a bit, we hit a few great restaurants, he shot a turkey, he enjoyed a couple trips to the shooting range, we watched a storm together on the porch, he gave Bailee some golfing lessons and he was lucky enough to pitch in and weed eat 4 places (I knew that was top on his list).  I remarked on Facebook yesterday that I was a bit nuts as I closed the bathroom window in hopes of capturing the smell of his aftershave for a few more days. Unless we connect half way for a week-end (which I think is necessary), I won't see him again till hunting season.  That's just not acceptable!!  He and Lee are planning a fun, 10 day adventure to Alaska at the end of August, first of September.  They're both really looking forward to that.. It's been on Lee's Bucket List!!

An adventure of another sort is happening right now. Miss Bailee is attending her Kindergarten screening.  I remember her Mom's and her uncle's well. Can't imagine that each was in the early 80's.  And I thought this May went fast !!!  It will be a fast summer as Bailee will be alternating weeks with her Dad and Mom. (I hate it, nobody asked me and I guess it's none of my business.....:-(

June will arrive in 13 1/2 hours. With it will hopefully come a steady temperature of 70 degrees, rain every few nights, some good books being read on the porch, a few, short journeys with Jerome, the Locke Fair, a few cookouts with friends and family, quality time with Miss B as her educational career will begin in the fall, lots of good health news from far and near and tons of peace and quiet!!!!  One can dream!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment