Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Reality Shows

Reality TV...I love it....some of it...I don't care for the Biggest Loser (too close to home), The Amazing Race (I generally only race to the bathroom), Survivor (bugs are not on my menu and I will not brush (or wipe) with a leaf.)  The Bachelor and Bachelorette have worn out their welcome and even I began to hate the contestants who slept with 3 wannabes, told their families' they loved their family member and then picked the idiot.  All the family reality shows, Jersey Shore, Life with Dog the bounty Hunter and his pups, Hulk Hogan's harmonious homies and the Osbournes, Gozzelins and Duggars...Not ! But I do love The Apprentice, Dancing with the Stars,  American Idol and now, The Voice..  Last night I was on my feet ( I get out of my recliner past 8 p.m. to pee...period) dancing and clapping when Hines and Chelsea did so well and got all 10's. There are perks to living in the country and having a deaf husband.  American Idol has disappointed me 3 times this season.  Who in their right mind ( and with working ears) would vote off Pia, Casey and now James.  If ever there was a true American Idol, James Durbin who battles autism and is raising a family, should be a front runner....The two girls left in the final four are OK but nothing stellar and nothing to Idolize. The celebrity Apprentice has gotten a few "out of chair" experiences too.  When Star was fired, I was one happy fan!
All the finales are next week:  I choose, Hines or Chelsea.. either will make me the "Dancing Queen!".  I really am impressed by John Rich... Until the Apprentice, I thought Big and Rich was just what I aspired to be one day... I've got 1/2 of it nailed!  American Idol.... I give up... I'd have to say Scotty as neither of the screaming girls impresses me at all and I kind of like that deep, honky tonk voice.
 The harshest reality of all is that all my favorite programs are wrapping up their seasons..... but, I am looking forward to Flashpoint ( I LOVE it), Hawthorne, Rookie Blue and maybe even a few baseball games.

No comments:

Post a Comment