Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mom's Day

I'm getting ready to celebrate my 32nd Mother's day.  Wow, I can still remember the day we got the call and  I knew that in 24 hours, I would be a Mom.  I wasn't worried that I didn't know how or I might fail or would the bond be there?  I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it was meant to be and I'd be damned good!  Never once have I thought , "What the hell were you thinking?"  I knew the things that I wanted to do differently than my Mom had done and the things I wanted to do exactly the same.  I knew I wanted to be home with them when they left for school and home when they arrived back at the door. For that wonderful gift I thank Lee.  Some years were a little short in the pocketbook but we made it work.  I really don't think our kids were overly indulged with everything they wanted but were blessed to be given not only tangible things but the gifts of love, respect and discipline. There are always jokes about .....oh yeah, he/she is the golden, chosen child...... Well ours were.... and we couldn't have made better choices...... Happy Mother's Day to me ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment