Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bridges

The one below.......No Freakin' way..ever.. not even for food!

Bridges......Today, in 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge was opened to link Manhattan and Brooklyn.  The premise of a bridge is a great idea. A bridge is a structure built to span physical obstacles.  Ok, Personally I'm not a big fan of crossing them.  I usually close my eyes even though I know that the views are probably breathtaking.... which is ironic as I'm usually holding mine!  Bridges over land pretty much freak me out and bridges over water make my legs shake but I think the landing would be less stressful and I know I could swim to shore.....if, of course, I could get the window open and I wouldn't drown as the water came rushing in... and then of course, who the hell could fit through the window?  How embarrassing to drown and be found with your ass stuck in the window. Back to the premise of bridges....I enjoy being linked!  I like that the computer and specifically, Facebook links me to friends and family. I love that the computer can link me to stores, give me availability, prices and send things directly to my door. I like being able to see who owns what property, get an old birth certificate online and see who's buried in which cemetery. I like that gaining knowledge from cyberspace can bridge communication between patients and doctors. I especially like the financial bridge that runs from the banking industry directly to my desk. Bridges of all kinds make sense. The idea that they make so many things, people and places accessible is almost worth the trip......even if my eyes are closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment