Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pedicure

I'm nearly 60 years old and have never had a manicure or a pedicure. I love having my arms and hands rubbed as the old arthritis has crept into my bones.  I actually love anything rubbed (TMI) ..back, feet, legs etc.  I try to get Bailee and Jess to do the deed but they usually peter out after a few minutes.  Asking Lee for a back rub always has a reciprocal affect that defeats the purpose of relaxing and drifting off to sleep.  So, back to the pedicure and manicure.  When I was little (yes I was little once), I used to go w/ my Mom to her weekly manicures.  Mrs. Patterson lived on West Cayuga Street and was Mom's hairdresser.  While Mom's hair was drying, she'd get her nails done.  I remember she would soak her hands in a green, soapy water that had marbles in it. I'm not sure why the marbles were there....maybe to give you something to keep your hands moving and the soap to get under and around your nails... Anyway, I thought it was way cool and I used the dish to soften my hands while Mom was getting coiffed. Enjoying it 50 years ago would make one think I would have had a manicure sometime since....not... I'm sure in my younger years it was a matter of not have the extra money and then not the extra time and now....no excuse... So.. on my bucket list there's now a manicure and pedicure .  I'm thinking that just before school starts in the fall, Bailee, Jess and I will have to have a girl's day and pamper and pretty ourselves.  I'm not sure how much longer I can let these nails gro

 http://youtu.be/VONPxewB-bM      No, they're not mine!!! I CAN still see them, reach them and cut them...

No comments:

Post a Comment