Monday, July 8, 2013

Sad :-(

Normally I'm a Monday gal... Today I'm sad.  No preaching but a really good wake up call to live each day to the fullest.  As I mentioned in a past sermon, we take too much for granted. Yesterday afternoon, some friends of ours (who have had a lousy year and it was starting to look up) were killed in a car accident on the way home from their son's.  They leave behind 2 grown kids and their beautiful grandkids. Gone.... no more holidays, no more boat rides with Grandpa or swimming in the lake with Grandma. No more anything.....Really puts things in perspective.
Jeff and Jess will be traveling home this week and I will now fret more than ever...if that's even possible. Maybe that's why I plunk my butt right here at home, hoping I'll be safe. Just my luck a tree will fall on me, I'll be rammed by a feral boar or pecked to death by a renegade flock of chickens.
So hug your family today...you just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment