Friday, July 5, 2013

I plead the 5th!!!

I plead the fifth...5th of July that is!  Up bright and early to water flowers, do laundry, empty garbage and head to breakfast. When asked how I spent the 4th of July, I plead (pled, pleaded?) the 5th.  It wasn't really an incriminating day, it was just my day!  I did breakfast, bought a table, mowed the lawn, watched a movie in the cool theater, ate clams, read my kindle, ate more clams, played a game in the cottage, watched a couple of tivo'd shows, ate a Popsicle and went to bed.  See, I celebrated the day showing, once again, my Independence. I'm thinking, in keeping with the whole holiday week-end thing, that today might just be 4th of July II, the sequel!  It's a pretty busy month ahead with a new hot tub being delivered, Grandma camp (love that moniker....thanks Faye and Judy) for a couple of days while Mom flies off to Charlotte to ride back home with Uncle Jeff, Squeege turns 40, family reunion, MacKenzie Childs barn sale, Hallmark ornament premiere, last Fair parade at the Grove St. Leonard house, we celebrate 30 wonderful years of marriage (we've been married 38:-) and Lee turns 63 at the end of the month.  Can't believe that Dad would have been 93 on that same day.
I'm already exhausted just writing this blog.  I really must get to the porch and begin my R & R in anticipation of the R R (rat race) that will begin next week!!!!
Happy 5th:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment