Monday, July 29, 2013

I love Nature!

Loving nature seems to be a thing around here lately.  Bailee has chosen that theme for her family birthday gig in November, their new playroom at home will be decorated with trees, clouds, bugs (fake) and all kinds of things that shout "outside!" and this week is the annual nature festival.......................in Summerhill.  This morning, my breakfast pal asked, full well knowing the answer, if I was heading to the festival this week.  The Renaissance Festival, the Jazz Fest, the Antique Fest???? Nope, the Nature Festival at our very own Empire Haven Nudist Camp.  He gave me the article to read maybe hoping to peak my interest.  With all the festivities planned, I can BAREly stay away.  Missing the hula hoop contest will break my heart, I've always wanted to learn how to juggle and missing the fashion show (WTF) will instill total disappointment.  Add to that a free skin cancer check (that's a lot of skin to check) and I can HARDly imagine staying away! With over 300 attending from all over the eastern US, the Kodak moments would be more than I could physically "bare" (there I go again...half cocked!)  In 61 years, I have visited Empire Haven a "handful" (and most weren't) of times.  Once we ventured up for a pancake breakfast.  In the dining room, covered bottoms were required....covered tops (although many hung to the bottom) were not!  You placed your order at the inside window and gave your first name.  They would call you when it was ready.  The very first order announced was, "Dick"......of course it was... Believe me, I couldn't make this up.  I very nearly peed my pants.  After breakfast, we were given a tour of the facility... our guides were unshamelessly undressed.  We waited for our turn to tour on the benches surrounding the pool.  We were soon greeted by our guide.  We were sitting, he was standing...eye level wasn't pretty....I've seen bigger Vienna sausages...  By the end of our visit, my stomach muscles were so constricted from holding in huge belly laughs you could have bounced a quarter off them.... first and last time ever..  Needless to say, we declined the membership papers but assured them we would pass along the virtues of nudism and the amazing opportunities that Empire Haven provides it's campers. We have been telling the tales ever since....

No comments:

Post a Comment