Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Catalogs

The greatest sales gimmick in the world: Catalogs.  The post office must hate me, my desk must hate me, my bank account certainly hates me (it even briefly turned red yesterday:( and I'm pretty sure birds must hate me for the trees that have been sacrificed for catalogs!  The only ones who don't hate me are those who reap the rewards (and gifts) from the "must have" items I purchase from those very same catalogs. I've made a new rule: When the pile gets above 2 feet (and yes, I measure) I will go through them and discard some.  Sometimes it's only a couple but it does reduce the pile to under 24 inches.  Sometimes I never even knew I needed the items before I saw them in the catalog!!  The time for the catalog rush is beginning.  This morning I had 7 in my mail box. I promptly threw TWO in the post office trash bin (shhh..they were duplicates) and determined that I would undoubtedly need something in the other five.  I was right!  It's time for back to school, Halloween, birthday, birthday party planning (2 this year) and then of course, the granddaddy of all holidays, Christmas.  We've determined themes for birthdays so I can start my search for the perfect décor, I have already received some "I wants" for Christmas...and these were from the 30+ age group:-)  My favorite season of all is Fall and the decoration ideas are literally FALLing into my head.  I can't wait until it's time to change the mantle and ready it for back to school.  I'm thinking apples and rulers and crayons and buses but who knows what will end up living there until leaves fall.
I have some favorites:  Grandin Road, Lamps Plus, Birthday Express, Bronners, Ballard Designs, Thirty-One, Young Explorers and MacKenzie Childs.... ...............oh heck....all of them I guess!   It IS getting time to purge the pile........ no worries though, we have 6 inches to go:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment