Friday, October 26, 2012

A little of everything:-)

The "sailors" are ready to be home! It appears "I" have more of an impact than I realized... "I" can even actually reroute a cruise ship... "I" am large and in charge.....but enough about me.....On to Hurricane Sandy!!  It seems that the cruise ship Liberty was unable to tender at the Grand Caymans yesterday. Erring on the side of caution, they chose to stay at sea and amble their way to home port dodging the winds and swells.  Thankfully, the girls had done their "fun excursions" earlier in the week and were actually content to relax on board.  Other than having issues with a salt water and chlorine in their hair...they're enjoying the ship....especially the 3 whole lobsters Jess recently had for supper. I'm hoping B is liking the wonderful food too... she loves salmon and veggies etc. so she should be enjoying the fare as well.....BUT, both are ready for their own beds, their pets and of course, Grandma :-)  I did, however, manage to murder one of their HUGE goldfish...It wasn't premeditated...I'm hoping it was just old age.... I should have known yesterday that they generally don't swim upside down:-(

The cottage is coming along so well..... The walls look awesome and we should be ready for flooring by early next week... Then the fun decorating phase begins.... I'm ready!!!

We "took in" 6 new chickens yesterday. A friend had a friend who was off to Thailand for a few months and needed to relinquish their egg layers... Not sure what the hell we'll do with 14-15 eggs A DAY but they all survived their first night together...If only the barter system was still thriving....I tried trading for carpentry services but they looked at me like I was cuckoo...what the cluck?!

Eye surgery set for both cataracts next month.... 3 weeks apart... Somebody has to make the odds and on the off chance that I left the office as Helen Keller, I wasn't chancing both together.  Seeing is one of my favorite things to do!! 

I guess that brings the world up to date.  Hoping for safe sailing and flying for the girls tomorrow and hoping that "I " don't ruin the entire east coast's Halloween.  I knew that I've been known to reek a little havoc here and there but I never dreamed I'd be nicknamed "Frankenstorm!"

No comments:

Post a Comment