Friday, April 6, 2012

Whew

Whew!!!  Finally a few minutes to relax...and I'm getting a good cough and cold :-(  Mom made the move very well.. Much better than I had hoped for.  It was a bit of a struggle getting her from bed to chair to wheel chair to car and reverse but we (Jess and others actually) got the job done.  She seemed to be very relaxed when we arrived. Her room was a bit different but the "fixin's" were familiar.  She has a very nice roommate, Irene.  Irene likes to watch her TV and is deaf... thankfully....Mom is too :-)  We were visited by all of those who will be attending to Mom from Nurse Julie (family friend) to Alec the PT guy, Ginnie the dietitian, Liza the social worker and Elaine, the money gal!!  We were even treated to lunch...It was liver day and I actually LOVE liver....(Yeah, I know).  The food was yummy!!!  Mom enjoyed lunch with the other residents in the dining room.  I called this morning and she had slept well and was even showered, hair washed and dressed.  She's not a shower fan but the girls got her through it by singing "Take me out to the Ballgame"...  Yesterday they had asked ALL about her from birth to now and I had explained that she had always loved sports and music.....they obviously had listened to me...Yay them♥  They came through at the eye Dr's office and her new glasses have arrived as well... (hospital seems to have lost them!)  If I already told you all that.. well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree:-)
Today is Jess's 30th birthday.... We splurged at Mickey D's for lunch and tonight, after B leaves for Dad's:-(, we're all going to Ichiban.. crap, I think I told you that too....
I'll try to get back to some normal prose next week....Hopefully, like Jesus, I'll rise to the occasion!!   Happy Easter all.... Happy Day, Happy Family and Happy Ham!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment