Monday, April 23, 2012

90 and counting






Well we made it through our April birthdays... We're all official 30-60-90 :-)  Grandma was sure it wasn't her birthday because her birthday is in April.......;-)  We told her we were celebrating anyway.  One of the gals at Groton made a birthday suggestion that Mom might enjoy an MP3 player with headphones...Why hadn't I thought of that??  So, I bought one and had my in house technology expert help get the songs loaded.  Every one I was looking for was on Amazon and easily loadable.  Some of her favorites were In the Mood, Mares Eat Oats, Onward Christian Soldiers and some tunes from Johnny Mathis, Andy Williams and Mitch Miller. I knew her very favorite would be Dark Town Strutter's Ball. Her Dad used to sing it to her, she to me and I to Jess.  I asked her if she remembered it and she told me to sing it... I started and she immediately joined in, clear as a bell, knowing the tune and singing along... It was amazing.. I have always sung the praises of music and it's memory and healing powers.  She loved all the songs and clapped, tapped and sang to each and every one... Yay Liza, Yay Jess and Yay me!! We did good!  My sister had sent flowers which Mom thought tasted particularly yummy :-0............... and we decorated with a banner and cards and cutouts.  It was a memorable birthday....at least for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment