Monday, April 2, 2012

What a week-end!

If you're sick of getting my rants and updates.... hit the big X and come back another day when my brain and keyboard is more entertaining.


For those who stayed:
Friday morning Jess and I went to Walden Place to clean out Mom's clothes, pictures, etc. We got a phone call from the hospital explaining that Mom had a severe rash over 95% of her body....and because she'd been "swung" the day before, she was virtually an outpatient and needed to go to the ER for the latest development.  7.5 hours, 3 doctors, no food or drink and the eventual re-admittance, she was moved back upstairs to the exact same bed she left from at 9 a.m. WTH... To say I was not a happy camper is more than just an under statement.  Midday, I excused myself to the bathroom for a mini meltdown...Feeling a bit better, I resumed my best hurry up and wait position and tried not to physically or verbally attack any health care worker.  As I was mentally feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself, I looked up and standing in the doorway was, Jeff♥♥♥♥ A YouTube moment it was... He was a sight for sore, red eyes.  I'm not a big surprise fan but this was monumental!!  He was my human can of red bull! I was re-energized and ready to take on the world...and the establishment.... and I wanted to get Mom settled and go home...  After verbally assaulting a couple of nurses who came to get Mom's history (remember, she'd been in this hospital for 12 days), I think they may have huddled and decided they should get rid of us....they had told me 2.5 hours before that her bed was ready.   Upstairs we went...back to the EXACT same bed she had come from nearly 8 hours before, my WTH's were rapidly turning into WTF's..  I got her settled and headed home to peace, quiet and Jeff.  BTW, they've lost her glasses!!
Yesterday, I quietly jumped into another decade.  Jess took over Mom duties for the day and made me breakfast. I was gifted with homemade fudge, homemade cinnamon rolls and homemade choc. cupcakes, and never left the house or better yet, never wore a bra! Happy birthday to me..... and the girls :-)  Bailee arrived at 3:30 and all was well with my world for the rest of the day/night.
I get one more day with Jeff. Tonight is everybody's favorite supper...chuck roast and mashed potatoes and we're coloring Easter eggs!  I'm slowly learning to take what you can get when you can get it and enjoy the hell out of it... That's my plan for tonight!!!
Thanks for listening those of you who stayed....it'll get better..I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment