Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rules... to live by

A friend of mine told me this morning that in the year we were born (1952), life expectancy was 68.6  years... I have way more than 8.6 years of bitching yet to do. I have had much advice given to me in the past 60 years. I listened to all of it, followed some of it and disregarded most of it! I think the words I heeded most came from those whom I had solicited. I still take advice from my financial and legal advisors. After all, I pay them and would be a fool if I didn't.  This morning I came across 18 rules that are pretty straight forward, helpful and can simply make life easier.  I thought I'd share them with you...This is not advice from me :-0

•A sharp tongue can cut your own throat. (been there, done that--it hurts, I heal))


•If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep. :-) ZZzzzzz

•Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. (and the price is right)

•The best vitamin for making friends...... B1. !!!!!!

•The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts. (SHIT!!)

•The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge.. (and it's usually NOT your fault)

•One thing you can give and still keep...is your word. (#1)

•If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished. (head to OZ)

•One thing you can't recycle is wasted time. (pretty important)

•Ideas won't work unless You do. !!

•Your mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open. (An open mind is far, far from an empty one)

•The 10 commandments are not a multiple choice.

•The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime! (Only YOU can make you happy)

•It is never too late to become what you might have been. (unless it was a stripper)

•Life is too short to wake up with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget about the ones who don't.

•Believe everything happens for a reason. (kind of a toughie)

•If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it.

•Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Pretty good rules.....if you're into rules;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment