Friday, April 13, 2012

Village Spring Clean Up

You've heard of dirty, four letter, words..well here are four dirty words.....Village Spring Clean Up....  Can you hear the sound affects?  This is the most dreaded week-end of all for me.  I am not a hoarder.....my husband, on the other hand, has a masters in hoarding....and he's not fussy about hoarding other people's stuff.  He's the only man I know that used to go to Dump Day in Locke and come home with more than he took. True story......Now, we don't live in the village of Moravia but he drives through it numerous times a day. This week-end, all the villagers will drop their junk (treasures) on the curb for Lee to view in depth on each and every pass through.  I, undoubtedly will be the proud co-owner of a new cooler or table or shelf or lantern, fishing pole, gas can or grill. I not only guarantee it but I'd make wagers (and I'm not a gambling gal.) I would wager that if I were to take things to the village and place them on a curb.... by Sunday night, they'd be returned without the slightest knowledge that they ever lived here in the first place.  Lee's toying with retirement.  It's made me nervous but now, as I think about the skills he has for "junking," we may be able to eat through our Golden Years after all.... it'll just be on somebody else's plates:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment