Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SONshine

The sun  is out and it's a beautiful, upstate, spring day:-)

My son is back in Charlotte and it's the pits:-(

We had a great 4 days (almost) but it went way too quickly!  I am such a wimp when he leaves. Luckily it was 5:30 a.m. and I could have my mini meltdown in the dark. I can still smell his aftershave in the house....My Lord, you'd think he went off to war...
I did get good news this morning though!  Mom is much better and we're looking at a move to Groton on Thursday.. I almost hate to say it out loud for fear it won't happen.
They're moving some people around there and we're literally waiting for paint to dry:-)
I feel like I'm sending her off to camp... labeling her clothes, packing her favorite pillow and blanket and photos for her wall.  I'm hoping for good things even though I know it won't be good forever! The hospital has lost her glasses so that may be tomorrow's project.
Friday, Jess turns 30 and the family is all gathering at Ichiban's for dinner.... Ahh So!!Should be interesting..... 14 Hatfields eating Japanese......
So, all in all, 60 is beginning pretty well... a visit from Jeff, a new home for Mom, Jess hits the big 3-0, the sun's out, Easter's on the horizon with another family gathering...I do, however; have my work cut out for me! Since Bailee will be at her Dad's Easter morning, she's asked if I would "try really hard to get a picture of the Easter Bunny" as she's never seen the real one. Papa told her, "No problem!"  ( we'll see how he looks in those ears!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment