Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Well, thank goodness that's over.... not just New Years, the whole damn year!  I'm going to do all I can to make sure 2012 is much better...(like I have any control over anything!) I'm not a big resolution kind of gal.  I'm more superstitious than resolute!!  If I think that when I start something, something bad will happen if I quit...then I'm hooked.  An old bare bones resolution doesn't hold much water with me...I did resolve to walk one year ( I resolved the time, I didn't actually DO it for a whole year) and I did lose some weight.  It's obvious that didn't work out (nor did I). I'm a firm believer in the fat and happy adage.  I know there are things that I can't change like the wrinkles, age spots, the memory lapses, wrinkles, age spots and the mem...oops..sorry!  I have given serious thought to some new short term goals...like for a month or a week (or a day).  I could go without chocolate for awhile, maybe skip diet Pepsi or no carbs...I absolutely could never give up TV, FB or Words with Friends so they're off the table. Bargaining with myself is actually pretty tough.  I have, albeit, made some decisions.  I'm giving up trying to micro manage things...and people.  This might be a toughie but I'm giving it the old college try...minus the college. Every time I have unsolicited advice to give, I'm going to bite my tongue and eat some chocolate.  This is gonna be harder than you might imagine so I have some peanut butter cups handy. I'm going forward in 2012 and letting the chips fall where they may... did somebody say chips????

No comments:

Post a Comment