Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let me tell you........

"My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right:-)"... One of my favorite quotes.  I guess that's the best part of many things.... being free to have opinions..and being free to openly share them.  I think that's what today's Internet site blackout is all about....well that.. and $... Can't have many "strikes" that don't include the almighty buck along with our almighty rights but I guess that's ok... It seems to be the American way.  It is interesting though to see how people express their opinions in such different ways.... some visually, some orally, some comically, some silently.  I usually am a bit vociferous in my opinions.  I occasionally offer them without invitation but always with a modicum of thought.  I don't expect everyone to welcome my thoughts and/or even agree with them but it makes me feel so much better to release them. I carry fewer burdens and no guilt that way.  I seldom wish I had or hadn't shared my opinions!  Back to today's "strike."  Here's basically what would happen if this censorship legislation were to pass:


•Communication platforms – from YouTube to Face book to Amazon – could be shut down if a single rights holder alleges a violation.


•It would make the Web less stable and less secure.


•Social networking sites, like Twitter or Face book, could be forced to track and control user behavior, stunting innovation and undermining free expression.


•Your Internet provider could be required to inspect all of your traffic and browsing
 
I quite like the freedom of speech and expression...As the saying goes:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire).....

No comments:

Post a Comment