Thursday, January 26, 2012

I passed!

First a little story:


I was out walking with my Granddaughter.She picked up something off of the
ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her
and I asked her not to do that. "Why?" my Granddaughter asked. "Because it's
been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, and
probably has germs," I replied.
At this point, my Granddaughter looked at me with total admiration and asked,
"Grandma, how do you know all this stuff?? You are so smart." I was
thinking quickly and said to her, "All Grandmas know stuff. It's on the
Grandma Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Grandma."
We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently
pondering this new information. "Oh....I get it! she beamed, So if you
don't pass the test you have to be the Grandpa". 'Exactly,' I replied with a big smile.

FYI..*Bailee didn't arrive from my blood or my genes or even one iota of DNA....that's nature!  I attribute her accomplishments and skills totally to nurture and her smart alec lip and 5 year old pranks I credit to nature....(see *)  We often marvel at her aptitudes and wonder where the hell she got them... Not from her Dad for sure and her Mom admits that her intelligence level wasn't disseminated from her genes. ( I contend they may well have come from Jess as she never used any of hers and they were still perfectly untouched!) Bailee, on the other hand, has no doubt where they came from. "I got my "smawrts" from you Grandma!" Thank goodness I passed the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment