Thursday, September 8, 2011

Raindrops keep falling on my head

No shortage of rain here... Over 4 inches and that's a good story..... Tompkins County and points south are having unprecedented flooding.... Schools closed (not here), Cornell closed, Tompkins County in State of Emergency and Binghamton is waiting for the river to flood....only inches from that and possibly a foot more to crest.  Our lower falls are spectacular. I can't imagine what Parson's Falls ( 140 feet) must look and sound like. I walked as far as I could to the lower falls last night... I could have stayed there all night.... It was awesome.  I slept with the bedroom windows wide open!!! Friends on Long Hill have water seeping into their basement and they are directly above us.  The ground is completely saturated.  The sun is out now but  creeks in Moravia and Locke are at the top of their banks and still receiving water form Groton and points south.....Some of the videos on Face Book are amazing.  Natural disasters are mesmerizing and seem to have magnetic powers....we're drawn to them which can be dangerous, deadly and dumb! Nonetheless, it's not dangerous here and I just may drag out a chair and sit by my personal, relaxing sound machine....... Oh yeah... and Lee comes home this afternoon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment