Thursday, September 22, 2011

Concessions

It's the last day of the summer of 2011!  It was kind of a strange summer...like one I've never encountered in 59 years.  I am a child of "The Lake."  My pontoons never hit the waters of Owasco. My body never hit the waters of Owasco.  I did however, thanks to Chuck and Gail's moored pontoon boat, get to take a ride around the "horn" (Cascade down the west side to Ensenore, across the lake and back down the east side returning to Cascade) as we've always called it when my cousin Jack was here for a visit. Lee only took his boat out once and that was to show it to a prospective buyer.  I'm not a huge fan of change but it appears to be joined at the hip, in some instances, with aging..... Maybe they're really not so much changes as concessions.  I concede to the fact that we no longer have property on the lake....I concede to the fact that putting boats in and taking boats out of the water for an occasional float is laborious and just plain a pain.  I concede to the fact that people's pleasures change. Lee now enjoys the sport of trap and skeet shooting and the social changes that accompany it.  I continue to enjoy Bailee, my reading, my sports, TV and EIEIO...As I said in an earlier epistle, if he's happy, then life's not crappy!  Shooting for Lee relieves his stress.....Stress and a compromised heart don't travel well together and I'd like our journey to continue....so, I concede to the fact that I can accept some change after all....and tomorrow will be bring me Fall and a time full of my favorite changes.. (except that nasty darkness)  I need to find a way to change that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment