Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Walking

The Importance of walking:
Walking can add minutes to your life.
This enables you at 90 years old
to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
home at $10,000 per month. 


(who couldn't use that extra 50K...I'm thinking swim spa)

My Mom started walking
five miles a day when she was 70.
Now she's 91 years old
and we have no idea where the hell she is.


(and neither does she!)

I like long walks,
especially when they are taken
by people who annoy me.


( You've seen all those people walking...haven't you?)

The only reason I would take up walking
is so I could hear heavy breathing again.


(that's entirely different than wheezing!!)

I'd have to walk early in the morning,
before my brain figures out what the hell I'm doing...
   


(sometimes my brain even walks without my body....I don't get so tired that way)  

I joined a walking club last year,
spent about 100 bucks.
Haven't lost a pound.
Apparently you have to do it!

( It seems the IRS didn't think it was a non-profit group....believe me..it is)
Every time I say the dirty words "walk, jog or exercise",
I wash my mouth out with chocolate :-)

(I say them a lot!)


Walking won't help everythingWe all get heavier as we get older,
because there's a lot more information in our heads.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!


(True Story at that!)

AND

Every time I start thinking too much
about how I look,
I just take a trip to WalMart...... by the time I leave,
I look just fine!!!



P.S.  I can still walk..... It might take me a little longer than it used to and I might not go as far as I once could but it beats the hell out of crawling or rolling!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment