Friday, May 17, 2013

So, you think you can....sing?

Well this year's Voice and American Idol competitions sure proved there are a lot of people who can!!  Last night's Idol finale was the best ever.  I thoroughly enjoyed every performance, including Pit Bull and I never thought I liked Pit Bulls!  I pretty much disliked all the guys from the beginning.  I found myself having to close my eyes to even enjoy their mediocre performances. The girls, on the other hand, were sick.... I now understand, through the world of social media, that sometimes, that's a good thing!!  The top 5 girls were my top five all along. I favored Amber in the beginning but edged my way toward Angie at the end.  I thought her stage presence was far above the rest and that's certainly part of the star package.  Strictly voice went to Candice, hands down. When she sang Somewhere from West Side Story, I rewound my TiVo and listened one more time! I will say that her performance ( after winning) of her new single, "I am Beautiful" was flatter than piss on a platter. I know she had no ear bud and was exceptionally emotional so maybe they just shouldn't make them sing at the end...just sayin' "listen up Ryan!"
The judges....I really liked.  Nicki Minaj left a little to be desired in the beginning but she kind of grew on me and actually gave some decent and helpful critiques. Mariah was wonderful, Randy his usual doggish self and I am now officially a Keith Urban fan. He is sincere, handsome, a great artist and he can rock a tee shirt!

The beginning shows of The Voice I LOVE!!! This year's judges were awesome.  I was not a Christina Aguilera fan nor a Celo fan.  In fact, I'd never heard of Celo before The Voice but Blake and Adam are now favorites too. Maroon who?  and now I even move like Jagger!!  Shakira and Usher,  are right up there too.

As you can tell, I'm a TV junkie.  I head for my recliner by 8 with the remote in one hand and my iPhone in the other.  I'm an avid watcher throughout prime time with the exception of commercials when I mute and turn on my game face.  I close my eyes through the gory parts, I laugh at all the humorous ones, I definitely tap my feet, sometimes even get up and dance (not all that pretty I might add) and I always, always sing along. Do I think I can sing?.................Na.  Do I care.........No way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment