Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Project time

OK, it's time for a project.  I have a small one in mind and very large one...(project not mind:-).  My small project is to find a decent sized, older wooden table that I can decoupage.  I absolutely shouldn't watch Flea Market Find on HGTV.  They decoupaged an older dresser in one of the episodes.  They bought a box of old love letters from a flea market (kind of disturbing.. they really should be with the family but I'm sure they were discarded in an old box at an estate sale and ended up filtering down to flea market status:-(  Anyway, it looked awesome. I have a large stack of mechanical drawing drawings that my brother drew in high school in 1960-61. They're 18 x 12 and there are several.  I think I'd like to decoupage them onto a table top and then poly it for use.  It seems that script fabric, rugs, lampshades etc are an up and coming decorating style.  I also have a wonderful stack of ribbon tied love letters that my Dad sent to my Mom through their college years.  They could continue to "live" on a wonderful piece of furniture that could be passed down.  So, tomorrow I'll be perusing the local auction website on the lookout for the perfect pieces. I will find them !  ( Don't ask where I'll put them......I may have to add a room :-)


My large project is a little ambitious and a lot expensive but hey, we only take this trip once. I want a swim spa (endless pool!)  They're above ground, easy to care for, provide a swimming and exercise venue (which is my main objective........not,) can be used all year round and can be placed anywhere from basements to backyards.  I'll opt for the backyard.  I miss the water and my creek is occasionally dry, shallow and buggy and the falls might prove hazardous to take a quick, cooling dip.  Bailee needs a place to learn to swim and where better than Grandma's! See, I can rationalize almost anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment