Thursday, May 30, 2013

House Hunters

Looks like our renters aren't going to be able to purchase our Locke house:-(  Very sad as they love it and have been such good caretakers.  There seems to be a upturn in the housing market but on the flip side, bankers are more cautious in what they lend and to whom..... as they should be since they caused this entire debacle to begin with.  I hate starting back at square one but the crappy capital gains laws dictate that our time is waning and I sure don't want to pay huge taxes.  That would pretty much defeat the purpose. Holding the mortgage really doesn't make sense either and I'm not sure I should be the one searching for options. It's a pretty sweet house for the asking which is over $30K LESS than the assessed value.  New roof, all new windows, huge lawn and oozing with charm makes me wonder why it wasn't snatched up long ago.  My realtor said, "It's simple.  It's in Locke."  Well you know, I lived there for 56 years and it was a pretty good place to grow up and later raise my family.  I can see it being a home for Seniors, a Funeral Home, even a lovely 2 family home but it sure is a great place for a family. I remember someone saying that we were nuts to put it on the market before our new house was finished.  "It'll sell immediately and then you'll be looking for a place for the interim.......That was SIX years ago!!

To market to market we go...........



No comments:

Post a Comment