Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Yes it was...I woke up to texts and emails from many I love (and who must love me), went to breakfast with my 2 favorite girls, received handmade gifts and a perfect new mug.  We went to visit Mom who was having a good day then home to play Birdopoly (monopoly for birdbrains) and await my Mother's Day feast.  We donned our bibs (which I'm told I need when eating a normal meal) and dug in to freshly cooked live lobster (dead now), baked potatoes smothered in butter and sour cream, fresh beets and beet greens, squash drenched in cinnamon butter and Italian bread to dip!! Lucky, lucky Mom and Grandma was I!!  No Mother's Day buffet could have beat that.  Jess did dishes and Papa and B took off on the golf cart and I settled in for a few chapters in my book....just about perfect.  If only Jeff could have joined us, then all would have been right with the world!!  After a few hours in my recliner, it was time for a double dose of Revenge and a nice piece of homemade chocolate mayo cake chased by an ice cold glass of milk.  All that settled right on top of that butter soaked dinner and I crawled to bed to settle...and you know where it did! Oh well...Mother's Day comes but once a year and the other 364 I manage... so this was a sweet treat indeed!
Bailee's gift for her Mom

Flowers for Grandma
My beautiful new cup and heart shaped stone


She "touched" it!


I touched it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment