Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scrolling

Everyday I scroll through my Face Book posts and see pictures of children who are suffering.  I keep scrolling!  As of late, I have three little baby boys that I've been asking the Big Guy upstairs to watch over a little closer and extend a little more of his TLC.  I know two of these little guy's families and one, baby Easton, because he began his life..and struggles in a local hospital.   Personalizing brings it home.  His story has literally brought me to tears...more than once. 
For many months (years) this amazing little girl.....ok, she's almost a teenager, has silently struggled, along with her Mom and her wonderful Aunts (each not without struggles of their own).  She now waits for two, new, beautiful pink lungs!  Her cystic fibrosis has taken its toll and transplants are now her only option.  I can't imagine my child's (niece's) existence being tied to her name on a list!  Those of us who take each breath for granted can't begin to imagine what Brya and her Mom, Alicia, tackle each and every day.  That's why we often choose to keep scrolling...If we slide past it, it won't affect us...I often feel guilty, but I keep scrolling!  It's time to stop, click on the story, give yourself a great big dose of "there but for the grace of God go I" and give..... $5, $10, $50 or $100..... Every single dollar will make Alicia breathe easier therefore allowing Bryona to relax and concentrate more on getting better and less on worrying about Mommy!  None of us can be all things to all people.....but prayer combined with one less dinner out, or one less six pack or even one less caramel latte can mean the world to the Wiler women!!!  There are few places in this world where we can actually make a difference.... this is one place we can.....It's time to stop scrolling and start giving...

No comments:

Post a Comment