Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall into Color

                    This picture was taken by our cousin Bruce Williams at the Tughill Plateau

Color can change the way you feel. HGTV has provided us with their view of what color can do for you...and your home! Here are their ideas.....

Green.......... is the color of life.  It's a fun color full of whimsy and is said to stimulate conversation. (Green is my favorite color and my house is full of it....green that is)

Yellow.........is associated with higher powers..It relates to intellect, random thought and innocent happiness.  I have many random thoughts. My problem is vocalizing them..often:-)

Orange........is warming and uplifting, the color of fall and even the symbolic end of life.  I guess a jack-o-lantern is the end of life for a pumpkin!

Red.............emulates powerful emotions ranging from love to hate...The purveyor of our deepest feelings.  Our culture cottage will have red chairs......game on!

Blue............represents all forms of water.It's a fresh color that reminds us of rivers, waterfalls, the ocean and all things wet and wonderful. (our bedroom is blue)

White..........is my least favorite color...hardly a color actually. HGTV says it's actually an innocent color. Well that explains my dislike.

Black..........the forever color??  forever night, forever faithful, forever formal..in my case, forever flattering....but it can be a calming color......Naaa don't see that!

Gray...........rapidly becoming my new favorite color... it symbolizes the "rock!"...solidity and support.  It's also the color of wisdom and longevity!!  Long live Gray and it's 50 shades!

Brown.........The protector, the "Earth Mother", security and contentment... Voila....meet Bailee Brown!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment