Monday, September 10, 2012

Football FANatics!

Ahhh.. Football's back.  I thoroughly enjoyed 12 hours of football and football programing yesterday. My favorite hour of TV is Sunday noon... I love that hour spent with 5 very different men...They make me laugh, they help me with my Fantasy Football and I look forward to spending time with them all week!  Week # 1 provided me with a conundrum...( my big word of the week).  My Buffalo Bills were pitted against My NY Jets.... It seemed I would win big and lose big in the same game !!  My second round pick, Freddie Jackson of the Bills got hurt, two of my other FF teammates were out with injuries and/or just returned from them and my hopes for a big FF opening day win were slowly heading to the locker room before the games were
 over.  Oh well....that's sports.  The brightest spot of my day was watching Bailee enjoy the sport I love so much.  She's already mastered the 4 tries for 10 yards, she asks which team is ours and immediately becomes a loyal fan.  She instinctively knows when to yell "push 'em back" or "run like the wind!"  I have my own yellow, ref's penalty flag and she loves to throw it out and ask, "Is that all you've got!!"  She's lately been studying a book of texting abbreviations (it was for Lee but he still hasn't mastered calling on his iPhone so his texting skills leave a whole lot 2 B desired)  She asked me yesterday about how they got 7 points when she knew that a TD was worth 6.  I explained about the PAT.  A few minutes later our team scored and she remarked, "I just love this game!  In fact, instead of calling it a first down or a TD, I'm going to call it ILY...(to me that was I love You)." I had to ask........."Well Grandma, it stands for International Love Yards!"  Thank you Lord, she really does love the game!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment