Friday, September 7, 2012

Quality vs. Quantity

Went to visit Mom this morning................................................................NOT the best visit in the world.  I walked in with the local undertakers....that doesn't really perk up your morning. Assuming Mom was finished with breakfast and "lounging" in the hall, I thought it was a pretty good time to stop in.....Once again, second visit in a row, she was still in bed.  She wasn't there because she was asleep, or under the weather or even just chilling..... They're "a little short handed!"  I pretty much became a little short tempered!  I explained in my indoor , I'm a little pissed off, voice that this was the second visit in a row where she had not been up, dressed and had breakfast.  When offered the reason of being short staffed I then offered my explanation  that with Mom's donation of nearly $9K a month, they should hire a bit more help.  Just an observation.... Now to give the devil his due....everyone was a bit emotional over a resident's passing and one aide was particularly upset and allowed to go home but the living were still lying in bed waiting for some breakfast and clean clothes!!!! I really am not being critical of the facility or it's employees.... I personally could not be an elder care provider.  It takes a certain breed of human to perform these duties day in and day out with a smile on their face and urine on their hands:-(....I see it as a take off on the saying, Those who can..do, those who can't..(in my case) bitch!!!  When I left, Mom was up and on her way to the shower and would hopefully be given some nourishment before lunch was served.  Shower time is not the highlight of her week and presumably not the staff's either but those are the breaks my friends!

For the most part, I'm very happy there and I think Mom is too.  I guess I'm just whining a bit through today's epistle and thinking a lot about  there but for the grace of god go I! I may just ask the kids to sit me in the woods with a pair of horns on my head and wearing Mom's old fur coat....... As Bailee always tells me.."It's just the circle of life Grandma!"

No comments:

Post a Comment