Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Design by Disguise

For those of you that know me.....you know I've been itchin' to spruce up another room.  I have no more sprucable space....I also have wanted to make a special space for Bailee and Gram to chill, play games, listen to music, dance and read.... NO TV.... I'm shaking a bit as I type that as I love TV!!! I had decided that as a Christmas gift I would make us a game table... One that we could play checkers, learn chess and play card and board games.  That facilitated a little design plan....I decided to make it 36 x 36 and inlay tiles for the checkerboard.  Tiles are on the way and I'm searching for just the right hunk of wood.  So.. we now have a color scheme.... yellows, reds and sage greens.....I have a folder in which I keep torn out pages of catalogs with items I like... Yep, there it was the red, green and yellow rug with patterned leaves (another favorite of mine.)  On the same page was a beautiful wall print of those colors and birch trees....SOLD!  I ordered them both!  Now remember, I still have no space........but I will in 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!  I ordered, specially made, Bailee's and Grandma's CULTURE COTTAGE...Our hideaway will sit along the bank of the creek with windows to hear the falls, see the wildlife and breathe in the fresh air.  It will have 6 foot doors but there won't be any 4 wheeler parked in our cottage.... There will be a comfy day bed, 2 club chairs, our game table, some book shelves and a record player....you heard me, record player..with vinyl records that will spin out tunes on 45's, 78's and 33's.....Nobody will see us twist, shake, rattle and roll or sing along with Mitch but it'll be happening!  Over the next few weeks, I'll share some of my furnishings and interior ideas... We'll be having pergo flooring and bead board walls.. After all, it's a cottage. And remember, this is a Christmas/birthday present of sorts.... At least that's how I'm justifying it...like I have to!!  You can say it's a gift disguised as a design or a design disguised as a gift.  Either way, we'll soak in a little culture...just the 2 of us.  Who can argue with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment