Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar !

Oscar is 84 years old....You know, Oscar....the award.  Ironically, the best movie award went to a silent film.  Finally a movie Lee would appreciate...after all...they're all silent to him.  We'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD to view it as I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't actually pay to see it and I don't think I would either.  I think I might actually appreciate it more than he will but we'll see.  I could be entirely wrong... I was once before:-) Anyway, back to the Oscars. I watched the opening. I think I like Billy Crystal.. at least way more than I like Ricky Gervais. I loved the Circ de Soleil performance....definitely above, way above, and beyond and I loved the homage paid to old time theater... We know how I love a "theater!"  The dresses........all in all.... pretty sharp. One of my pet peeves is strapless dresses... I can not stand seeing women (and girls) hiking them up every 5 seconds. That's one reason I no longer watch beauty pageants.  Last night, it didn't happen once!  That might possibly due to the fact that actual men and women who knew fashion designed and stitched the wonderful gowns for Hollywood's finest....except for Melissa McCarthy...Believe me, I know full figure and the  intricacies of trying to find just the right dress to hide oh so much bulk!  The glorified canopy that she chose....missed its mark....by miles. One can only wear so much chiffon before people can't tell you from the bedroom drapes. I wasn't impressed by Meryl Streep either but I love her so much I forgave her choice of old casket satin.  Maybe my worst dressed winner was Rooney Mara, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the Girl with the Ugliest Dress. I loved Tina Fey, J-Lo and Cameron Diaz and the gal who played Marilyn.  Also, Octavia from the Help gave all of us real SIF (sisters-in-fat) hope for actually looking good in sequins... (maybe it was just the tan)..   And, if all else fails...black is best.  Just ask Glenn Close.  I garnered all that knowledge and judgement from the first 15, a few middle minutes and the last 15.... In between that, The Apprentice trumped the Oscars.... but that's a discussion for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment