Monday, February 13, 2012

The "Grammys"

I love it when I get to give my opinion.  Lee says they're my judgements. I call them critiques!  The Grammys.....I seldom watch this award show as recent music usually turns me off...or I turn IT off.  I don't know the newest and hippest artists and I don't know the words.... If I can't sing along, I don't listen.  For several years, I thought Rascal Flatts was a town!!  Thanks to the pre-awards commercials, this year I was watching.. The Beach Boys were going to entertain and as anyone who knows me knows.... They're the bomb for me!  Last year when they were at Turning Stone, I barely sat down and never shut up.... shocker!  I have Bailee trained to love them too... She remarked at supper last night that it was "so cool that the Beach Boys were playing for the Grannys!!"  Now for my likes and dislikes.  I loved The Beach Boys of course and Adam Levine...( I think he's my new cougar infatuation).  Sir Paul was amazing as he sang a love ballad to his new wife.  Tony and Carrie were tops on my list as well and I have a huge spot in my herat for Glen Campbell...who's Gentle on my Mind forever!  His grace and acceptance of that horrible disease is humbling.  I even liked Taylor Swift...and I usually don't usually enjoy her voice or her songs... last night was an exception.  Adele was awesome.... So, you can see from my "picks" that the old standards make me happy.  Now, for what didn't make me happy. Blue hair.... blue hair is for little old ladies whose white hair has turned mousy. Dresses that don't cover boobs you don't have!  Old rock stars that should be sitting in the audience and appreciating the others (Yes, you Bruce.)  Adele's dress designer.  Could he/she not have found a zipper that matched her dress and didn't look like it was repurposed from an old ski jacket? Bruno Mars...WTF....All I saw was a skinny, black Elvis wannabe... I closed my eyes and it got better!
The bottom line was I watched the entire 3 and 1/2 hours and I was pretty much entertained.  They scattered my favorites throughout enough to keep me watching for each one.  I'm not sure I could tell you who won what as it seemed to be more of a glorified variety show than an awards show but I'm really not complaining.  There were just enough Whitney Houston lauds to memorialize her voice and not overshadow the night for others. After all, all she ever wanted was to dance with somebody!
I think I just might watch the "Grannys" again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment