Monday, February 6, 2012

Here We-Go!

Football is over:-(  It did end on a happy note.  Nothing puts a smile on my face like Tom Brady's handsome little butt plopped in the middle of the field...defeated!  Unfortunately for them, they beat themselves.  Their play was less than stellar and the safety at the very beginning put them on a spiral that wasn't pretty...straight downhill. The Mannings are not my favorites in all of football but Eli definitely deserved to bring home the Lombardi trophy this year.  If any of the chatter comes to fruition and Peyton ends up in New York Jet's green.... 2012 could be an interesting year for NY football fans.
I'll have to satisfy my sports fix with college hoops... We have a few weeks left until March Madness begins and I'm hoping that the Laurel and Hardy line "This is a FINE mess you've gotten us in" doesn't overshadow the really good SU team that takes the court each game.  Never has their bench been so deep, their foul shooting so improved, their rebounds so refreshing and their teamwork so necessary!
Someone reminded me yesterday that baseball is right around the corner... Ehhh.... I love my Dodgers but they so resemble the path of Big Business that it's taken the fun out of the game for me.  I long for the days of Tommy LaSorda, Vero Beach spring training and the rosters of Valenzuela, Garvey, Monday and Sax.
NASCAR is OK but I can't make myself sit inside and watch cars go round and round and round at 120 mph when I could be outside, relaxing and rocking in the fresh air going zero...Hey, I'm old!
Watching Golf isn't even on the table.  Paint dries quicker!  I might tune in to the skins games.. I enjoy it when the stakes go from hole to hole and a good shot could win big money.
Spring horse racing is enjoyable.  I learn all I need to know in the pre race shows. I choose my horse, or sometimes I choose by jockey, and my attention span is able to survive the 3-5 minutes races.  I like the hats, the cocktails and the back stories of all the "little men!"  Secretariat is one of my favorite movies. I like a  happy ending, especially if a tail is wagging!!
So, I'll try to keep myself entertained until late August when the pre-season football mayhem returns. And speaking of tail wagging... I might look for my own "We-Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment