Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Welcome December

Well December arrived in typical upstate NewYork fashion.  I left the house at 7:45 and the temperature was 58 and spitting rain..... When I returned at 9:00, it was 43 and pouring.........sideways. I manged to avoid the newly formed lakes on Main Street and Congress, the flying garbage cans and lawn chairs, the freshly, fallen limbs decorating the roads and the idiots at the 4 way stop in Moravia who have no clue how that works..even when it's sunny and dry!  Being the first day of December means Bailee's stocking is hung and day one of the advent pockets is full....She's off to pre-school this morning so I have a few minutes to set up the wrapping table in my den and hopefully empty the closets, wrap and bag and move them under the tree.....Oh, wait...what tree????

I've said that for the past 5 days.  The December floor plan is set and the tree skirt is patiently waiting for the 10 foot green giant.  With my shopping complete and the wrapping following closely, I can now look forward to December's holiday engagements.  Dinner next week with my H.S. pals, Breakfast w/ Santa on the 11th with cousins, our annual Christmas gals luncheon is back on track for the 14th, Hatfield Christmas for 25 here on the 17th and Jeff and Heather arrive on the 20th for our Christmas this year on the 22nd. (We must remember to give Santa a heads up on that date). Christmas Eve will be quiet w/ just Papa, B and Jess. On Christmas Day, Bailee will head to her Dad's for a week...I'll have to plan many activities for us so we don't lose our minds without her:-(  Maybe some new flooring at 1 Van Pelt..........
 As I sit here typing, my friendly porch squirrel is looking in the window..I swear everyone peeks this time of year...thankfully I've hidden all the nuts... well almost.....some are at work

No comments:

Post a Comment