Monday, December 6, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas



Wow.... a foot of snow (or more) yesterday and we're expected to get 3-6 today, 3-6 tonight, 3-6 tomorrow and 5-8 tomorrow night and on and on and on...... Not terribly windy here but then we're pretty protected.  Last night Lee and I just opened the patio doors and watched it snow out back.... A scene right out of "White Christmas!" Our birds are scrambling from feeder to feeder trying to find a place to perch.. I hate to intervene on the beauty but I'd better refill some and clean off some perches. We also have a heated bird bath that I neglected to plug in.... when I do, the 13 inches of snow will become a hot tub....It has to be strategically placed because when the birds wings become wet, they need a place to "hide" from predators while they dry off.  Cornell and the Audubon Society should be proud of my meager contributions to sustaining bird life @ EIEIO.  After all, we did move into their neighborhood.
Oh dear, Have to run.. someone's already stuck in the driveway.... Hello winter:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment