Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What difference a day makes...


No, it's not the lab at C.S.I. headquarters. It's just a couple  (of the many) blood spots on our garage ceiling.  Just yesterday I was sharing pictures and stories of all the beautiful birds that share EIEIO with us.  As the day...and the snow progressed, a flock of mourning doves (which are mostly pigeons with a fancier name) became confused and cold (I'm assuming). They were hitting our windows, landing on the porches, huddling on the patio furniture and one even decided to take shelter in the garage. Take offs and landings in confined quarters were not his strong suit. He appeared to have hit his head during one and continued to "practice" throughout the day. The garage ceiling is now dotted with numerous spatters of blood....not a pretty sight! Looks like a mini feathered St. Valentine's Day massacre.  Today the snow is coming down again with another 6 inches predicted before 5p.m. and 3-6 after.... Good ole NYS!  I actually quite enjoy it but it has brought about a bit of grumbling...I admit I don't have to work out in it or drive any great distances so I can commiserate with those that do.  I am; however, heading out to fill feeders this morning w/ Bailee. If I make their outdoor accommodations a bit more comfy....maybe they'll stay out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment