Friday, December 31, 2010

Hope for 2011

Up bright and early to another sunshine filled, upstate morning.  The birds are singing, the geese are feeding (and very noisy), the Christmas decorations are down and very close to their resting places for the next 11 months. The tree is sitting barely by the window waiting for some brawny men to take it on its last journey outside, then back inside to storage.. (everything has a pre-planned pathway and destination here at EIEIO).  Doesn't take long to de-Christmas anymore....The more effort and planning I do when things get packed away, the easier it is to decorate next holiday.  I'm usually planning for Florida in this week but I've been able to push that back for a few weeks (months maybe).  Stacks of books always sit patiently waiting for the move to Jerome but w/ my new kindle.... I'm perplexingly (new word) paper-free.  I do have a new James Patterson book and a couple Sandra Brown waiting to be read but the new ones will be "whispered" to my Kindle.  I  may have a bit of trouble parting w/ the hard copies...hard to break old habits at my age and I love the look of shelves lined with reading material.  I seldom reread a book but I have made one of my resolutions to go back and soak in Sidney Sheldon.. He was the writer who enticed me to to sit and absorb intelligent, mysteries.  That was about 35 years ago.  I do love technology but there's a bit of old school left in me too. I have much on my computer but I'm a copy maker too.  Someday, maybe I'll trust innovations a little more but for now it's about 50/50 for old habits vs.exciting advancements.
My hope for 2011 is that I'm around to complain about what I don't like and probably don't understand, that I have time with my granddaughter to teach her how wonderful reading and writing is, that my family is healthy, happy and understands that nobody makes them happy but themselves and most importantly that you never get everything you want but it's ok to dream that you might!
Happy New Year to all of you who take the time ( you must have something better to do)  to read my rantings, complaints, and joys and share my photos.  You all provide me with much needed therapy via prose. 
See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment