Thursday, December 30, 2010

“Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.”- Helen Keller




No problem with this Sasquatch shadow.  Today has reaffirmed my belief that it's not warmth I yearn for.. it's  sunshine.  A renewed energy accompanied the sunrise this morning. EIEIO is glorious in any weather but exceptionally on a sunshiny, winter day.  Our resident hawk was back this morning, obviously hungry and knowing there was an abundance of appetizers on site.  The birds were busy avoiding his glare and sending out the warning to cancel needless flights. I feel badly that my feeders are virtual fly through restaurants for "Red" (tailed hawk) but once again, I'm learning survival of the fittest lessons every day. I do see some unusual tracks to the main feeder so I'll solicit Lee's help tonight to move the trail cam from tree stand views to the patio.  They're bigger than a deer but not really sure what they are....Maybe tomorrow, we'll know. We have 4 evergreen kissing balls hanging on the porches. I'm trying to dream up something useful for them.  I'll remove the Christmasy balls and poinsettias and maybe attach some peanut butter laden pine cones.  Some birds have already used them for asylum from the snow and wind (and maybe "Red" too).  It will be a fun project for Bailee and me when she returns home from her "sentence" at her Dad's this week.  A week is a VERY long time for dependent Grandma.  That's party of my reluctance for an extended southern stay. I like Home!  I know, I'm old!  Christmas is mostly down and removed.... Looking forward to a healthy, happy 2011...... Isn't that a decade more than that Space Odyssey tale?  WOW

Just living is not enough...One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower- Hans Christian Anderson     







 

No comments:

Post a Comment