Friday, December 3, 2010

Entomology 2199

Good Morning class:  ( I always thought I'd like teaching.. standing in front of a group and lecturing with a few interjections of my own thoughts..bliss.)  Today's topic is entomology... the study of bugs, I HATE bugs.. good bugs, bad bugs, little bugs, big bugs.  Today I read that: .More than 50 percent of the homes in the United States have dust mites residing in them in significant numbers. The sun is out this morning and directly shining in all my east windows. I can truthfully report that the ( DMWWC) dust mite world wide conference is taking place today (and probably always) at this cozy home in upstate New York. Seeing the dust covered everything in my great room and reading the startling number of house "mites" in every home, I thought I'd study up a bit.  HOLY CRAP... The picture alone was enough to make me trip over my own feet running to the laundry room to get the cleaner, the swiffer, the pledge and the LYSOL!. Reading on, they survive best in mattresses, carpets, furniture and bedding. " House mites survive easily in bedding, especially pillows, deriving moisture from the humidity generated by human breathing, perspiration and saliva.OMG, I have a cold and have sweated and drooled myself to death for the past 2 nights.....Enough of the disgusting facts. How do I banish the tiny little conference goers from my bedroom most of all?  A simple washing will remove most of the waste matter.... ( I feel a little better) You can also expose the area to a temperature of OVER 140F or UNDER 32F for one hour.  Short of setting my bedroom on fire, I've gone w/ option 2. The heat is off and the windows are open, the bedding is in the washer and everything else has been lysoled......Ten minutes in a clothes dryer will also do the trick.....so..in go the pillows!
Supposedly, they love to feast on dead skin.... For Pete's sake people, we're 58 and 60, nearly everything on us is dead!  So the plan of attack is: lotion, lotion, lotion, loofah, loofah, loofah...skin down the drain and try and sleep without drooling, perspiring or breath---, oh wait, that won't work. Breathing we'd like to continue..... I guess the best answer is to not read anymore about entomology and keep dusting......or at least pull the drapes on sunny mornings

No comments:

Post a Comment